We hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and were able to spend some quality time with your family and loved ones!
We certainly have had a very blessed 2017. Our families are well and all of our businesses had a very good year. We want to thank all of you for your support during 2017! We hope our newsletter and blog has kept you somewhat updated with what is happening at Lake Wedowee. To recap, here are a few of the Lake Wedowee highlights from 2017:
THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN 2017 AT LAKE WEDOWEE
- Tanner Medical Center/East Alabama opened their doors for patients on November 14, 2017.
- The relicensing process for Lake Wedowee began.
- The Randolph County Equine and Ag Center opened.
- Randolph County Animal Shelter (RCAS) had a banner year with over 970 dog and cat adoptions in 2017.
- The Randolph County High School Tigers football team played in the state finals.
- Lake Wedowee Property Owners’ Association (LWPOA) grew by 10%.
- Randolph County Solid Waste stopped picking up trash. County awarded the contract to an entrepreneur.
- LWPOA had one of the best ever lake cleanups, thanks to all the volunteers!
- First “Decking of the Docks” event was held with several of the neighborhoods on the south end of the lake participating. We hope this event will grow each year!
OTHER NOTABLE HAPPENINGS
- The housing market went up along with new home construction.
- Stock market hit record highs.
- On August 21, we had the first visible solar eclipse since 1979. The next one will be in 2024.
- The Georgia Bulldogs won their first SEC championship since 2005. GO DAWGS!!!
Thanks again for all of your support and we wish all of you a very prosperous 2018! Hope to see you on the lake real soon!